Ashoka is an international non-profit organization that pioneered the field of social entrepreneurship almost 40 years ago. Headquartered in Arlington, Ashoka is the world’s first and largest network of social entrepreneurs in 92+ countries.
Today, we are investing in the people and patterns for building Everyone a Changemaker world, a world where everyone is an active contributor, has the skills to solve problems, and drives change for the good of all. From social entrepreneurs to young changemakers, we need everyone to feel the confidence and have the skills necessary to live in a happier, healthier, and more equitable world.
Meet the team
You’ll love working with Ashoka Turkey team! We’re a motivated group who are determined to change the world. We share our successes and deal with our failures together. We’re always open to hear and implement new ideas, in fact, we’re strong supporters of ‘out of the box’ thinking. As a team, we will ensure you have space to develop your own ideas and that you take initiatives on your own projects. You’ll also get the chance to meet with leading social entrepreneurs from all around the world, build empathy and teamworking skills, and participate in key events in the sector.
We are currently recruiting 1 outstanding intern to collaborate with us and provide support on Framechange, media and events projects, to include:
- Storytelling: Support storytelling projects about the world’s changemakers. Produce stories of changemakers in the Ashoka network through interviews, written stories or other creative means.
- Create and integrate the best supports:
- Create integrated media campaigns, on topics ranging from systems change to social innovation, business alliances, and online competitions with corporate partners.
- Design and develop marketing materials for all Ashoka’s work, programmes and events
- Ashoka Turkey’s website; make recommendations on the next steps, support with content copywriting, storytelling and editing.
- Oversee the monthly Social Media calendar: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, YouTube.
- Support in all Ashoka Turkeys events in terms of media, communications, marketing and logistics.
- Supervise all logistics linked to Communications and Marketing.
Ashoka team members are entrepreneurial, ethical individuals who are willing and able to work in a number of different capacities. They can navigate nuts and bolts tasks as well as big picture thinking with ease. Therefore, Intern should have:
- Problem-solver with with a strong ethical fiber and entrepreneurial drive, eager to build a world where everyone has their power to create positive change for the good of all.
- Self-motivation and a strong entrepreneurial spirit: New ideas and projects thrill you!
- Proficiency in English and exceptional written and verbal communication skills (Highly valued)
- Teamwork & communication skills: In the era of COVID-19 this will be a 50% remote internship. The candidate must be excited to explore new and unique ways to work with, learn from & have fun with their team.
- Ability to work independently and in a creative, collaborative team environment.
- Tech-Savvy, with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office software. (Highly valued)
- Proficiency in Canva, Mailchimp, wordpress and Drupal. (Highly valued but not mandatory)
- Experience with social media analytics and working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn is a plus – as is prior experience in feature writing, social media campaign management.
Time commitment: 2- 3 days a week
Duration: minimum of a 3-month commitment
Location: Istanbul, (50% remote, %50 in-office)
Necessary Technology: Intern must have their own (or access to a) computer and web camera for this role.
Application deadline: September 14th, 2020 until 6 p.m.
Please submit a document attached to your CV with the answers to these questions below and e-mail to [email protected]
- What drives your curiosity?
- What about working at Ashoka excites you?
- What would you like to accomplish during this internship?
Ashoka is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from candidates regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or religion. For any further information, please contact us at [email protected]