Reports to: European Finance Director/Globalizer Co-Director/Local Director Start date: ASAP (permanent position with 3 months’ probation period)
Location: Turkey (working from home at least 2 or 3 days a week is an option)
Time commitment: full time (Monday to Friday)
Benefits: Performance pay of up to 10 % of annual gross salary, private health insurance, meal card
Ashoka is on an audacious mission – to create a world where everyone is a changemaker i.e. a world where everyone has the agency and skills to make a positive change in their families or communities. It is only in such a world where the solutions will outrun our social problems. With its global network of over 3.500 leading social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows), 10,000 youth ventures, 180+ changemaker schools, and 30+ changemaker campuses – as well as a community of 20,000+ innovators on Changemakers.com – Ashoka empowers young people with the skills to create and drive solutions for the good of all, and helps build and evolve enabling environments – schools, universities and organizations – to help them thrive in a world of constant change. Please visit www.ashoka.org for more details.
About the Role
Do details make your world go round? Here in the Operations team, we know that changing the world depends on getting the little things right and we’d like to find someone who shares this understanding. We’re looking for a Team Angel – someone who provides the team with support, tools and resources to boost their productivity and nurtures a positive and collaborative working environment. Our ideal candidate would be a natural problem-solver, a serial-organiser, a detail-oriented coordinator. With strong organisational, time management and multitasking skills, and will be self-motivated and a strong team player. The Ashoka Globalizer operates with a lean team of colleagues spread across the globe (Spain, Germany, Peru and Malta) working in a true Team of Team fashion with Ashoka Global and local offices. We engage with an exciting and large group of constituents also from around the globe: Ashoka Fellows and staff, leading business entrepreneurs and executives, thematic experts, strategy consultants, media mavens, foundations, corporations and more.
We expect the candidate to enthusiastically join in some of our core organisational activities as well. This is a great opportunity to experience working in the not-for-profit / social enterprise sector and take on considerable responsibility.
Role and Responsibilities
Globalizer Finance Management (~20% / 1 day a week):
- Set up, improve and manage financial processes according to our policies and established deadlines;
- Prepare annual budget forecasts and keep track of actuals (income and expenditure);
- Manage all income-related entries on Salesforce (forecasts, pipeline and tracking expected payments);
- Support our fundraising efforts providing the budget to be submitted.
- Manage expenditure and reporting according to grant agreements and donations’ restrictions in a timely and accurate manner
- Support management summit budget and expenses
- Prepare regular reports to different audiences: teams, Ashoka Global, donors, etc.;
- Coordinate and oversee bookings, payments etc with the local team in charge of running a Summit.
Projects (~60% / 3 days a week): these will vary month to month but here are some examples
- Human Resources: Coordinate recruitment, on-boarding and off-boarding of interns and paid staff; Prepare and renew staff contracts; Liaise with Ashoka Global HR Team and local teams who hire some of Globalizer staff;
- General Support around a Summit:
– Support Summit LRP.
– Support in Fellow and Advisors selection.
– Summit logistics coordination: travel, accommodation, venues, catering
– Producing summit documents: participant informational packets
- Communications support: Create pre-summit/summit/post-summit materials
- Database Management: Creating and implementing systems to manage Ashoka contacts and communications. Maintaining database records clear and up to date
- General Program Support: Coordinate internal events, staff training, team building activities. Support on setting up and scheduling calls, meetings, webinars etc
Support for the local team (~20% / 1 day a week):
- Annual Local & Global Budgeting: Coordinating the budgeting processes at the local and global levels (August for Global, December for Local)
- Annual Salary Framework: Gathering and analysing data from non-profit sector in Turkey to update the salary framework for different levels of staff.
- Monthly Global Financial & Payroll Reporting: Working with local accountants to compile monthly financial reports & payroll information to the global office (1/2 days per month)
- Monthly Local Cash Flows: Working with local accountants to compile monthly reports to the general director on budgeted and realized income / expense tables.
- Quarterly Country Health-check Reports: Contributing financial data to the quarterly country office health-check reports (5-6 financial lines assessing financial health of the organization).
Required Skills and Experience
- Fluent English
- Highly organised and detail-oriented
- Experience in finance management.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Able to work on own initiative, proactively and independently and under minimal supervision
- Strong team player
- Able to communicate clearly and efficiently with diverse audiences
- Proficient in Excel/Word
- Familiar with Salesforce and general IT tools (desirable)
Ashoka has a rigorous screening process for hiring staff at all career stages. All applicants for all positions must possess the following qualities along with the appropriate degree of experience:
Entrepreneurship/Intrapreneurship: Compelled to take creative initiative and ownership (e.g. founding an organisation or company, starting a movement, or re-shaping the work of an existing organisation). Demonstrates relentless and realistic how-to-thinking and passion for seeing their ideas come to life.
Understanding and Belief in the Everyone a Changemaker: Understands and believes the Everyone a Changemaker vision at a gut level. To be able to innately ‘get’ this,candidates should have a broad and inquisitive intellectual and a thinking pattern that connects the dots between historical trends and current social context.
Emotional and Social Intelligence: Ability to work efficiently and respectfully in teams, putting organisational/team goal first (personal glory second).
Ethical Fibre: Exceptionally strong ethical behaviour. Is self-reflective and has strong empathy skills. Trustworthy.
Self-Definition: The person expects that changing the world in big ways and on a continental scale is what he/she will do in life.
How to apply
Applications for this role should be submitted by May 3rd 2019 exclusively through our online platform at http://bit.ly/2j5pDx4. The interviews will be conducted on Skype or Zoom. For any further information, please contact [email protected] and make the title of your e-mail “Ashoka Globalizer Finance & Ops Manager”.