Deadline: 4 August 2017
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Administration Assistant in Ankara, Turkey. The duration of this post is 12 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administration Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Draft moderately complex correspondence related to the area of responsibility.
- Design and update charts and tables utilizing graphic tools, design hard copy and computer resident forms; initiate, update and track computer assisted processing of administrative actions.
- Assist with day-to-day administration of contracts with external contractors; check contractors’ invoices against the goods and services provided and process payments.
- Assume responsibility for fleet management and oversee the scheduling of driver’s programs.
- Search for, retrieve, compile, assemble and archive a variety of statistical data from computer files, records, reports or from other sources for internal/external use; Provide analysis as requested.
- Provide information related to the above functions and exchange a variety of statistical information.
- Coordinate and arrange meetings such as workshops and seminars.
- Set up, classify and maintain files.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary school education essential and tertiary qualifications desirable.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible support experience including at least 2 years in the field of finance, accounting, procurement, evaluation, audit or administrative services or other related field.
- Training and experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other WFP standard software packages and systems.
- General knowledge of UN system administrative policies, rules, regulations and procedures in the area of administration.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Turkish.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.