Health & Environment Alliance (HEAL) is a leading European not-for-profit organisation addressing how the environment affects health in the European Union and beyond (www.env-health.org).
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing professional to coordinate a new project on Building the Turkish health sector’s capacity for environmental & climate engagement. This project aims to strengthen the organisational, communications and policy engagement of Turkish non-governmental health organisations and individuals, and facilitate dialogue with European civil society. Activities include the organisation of trainings and workshops as well as advocacy meetings, the development of communication materials and sharing of good practice.
The project builds on HEAL’s existing network and activities on air quality, energy and health in Turkey since 2015.
Interested applicants must fulfil all of the following criteria:
- University degree in health, environmental sciences, or social sciences
- At least 3 years work experience in EU project coordination (including stakeholder management, financial coordination and reporting)
- Native level Turkish, good written and spoken English
- Only candidates that work exclusively within the non-profit sector or academia will be considered to avoid potential conflict of interests with clients representing commercial interests.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Expertise in the coordination of activities, managing deadlines and stakeholder expectations
- Expertise in the organisation of events (foreseen events include trainings, network meetings, online webinars)
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills, self-starter, reliability
- Willingness to travel.
The contract is a consultancy contract, which will be awarded for work carried out between April – December 2020, with 2021 renewal foreseen, equivalent to a full-time position. The candidate should be based in Istanbul or Ankara, working closely with HEAL’s Director for Strategy and Campaigns in Brussels as well as HEAL’s senior consultant in Turkey.
To apply, please send a letter of motivation not exceeding one page and CV with the subject heading “Application Consultant Project Coordination” to Anne Stauffer, email: [email protected] health.org no later than 23 March 2020. The letter of motivation should detail why you are interested in the call, why you want to work for a public interest environmental health organization and how your skills and experience are relevant to the job.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.