International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) seeks dynamic, experienced and reliable finance and administrative professional for the position of Senior Finance and Administration Officer
An INGO that works to support democratic institutions and processes is re-establishing an office in Turkey, and seeks to hire a full-time experienced, upbeat and detail-oriented individual with a broad array of experience with administrative, finance, and human resource related responsibilities.
The Sr. Finance and Administration Manager will be responsible for administrative, finance, and human resources (HR) duties, including: overall implementation and management of administrative tasks; managing and tracking the organization’s finances; calculating and processing payroll, filing payroll and other regular reports with the government of Turkey; ensuring compliance with internal, donor, and Government of Turkey regulations; organizing contracts and leases with vendors; managing human resources and implemented related tasks, such as hiring, orientation, contracts, and maintaining HR policies; and working with the organization’s team in Washington, DC, among other responsibilities.
A successful candidate will have a minimum of five years’ relevant administrative, human resource, and finance experience and a university degree. They will also have: a high level of proficiency with spreadsheet and finance software, excellent time management skills, demonstrated attention to detail, fluency in both Turkish and English, and outstanding references.
Please see the Job Description for more detail on the responsibilities and qualifications.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and references in English to Ismet Altun at [email protected] with SR. FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION OFFICER in the subject line by 03 February at midnight.
TITLE: Senior Finance and Administration Officer, NDI Turkey
CLOSING DATE: 03 February 2020
REPORTS TO: Sr. Resident Director
To perform Sr. Finance & Administration Officer position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
SUMMARY: Supports the overall financial and operational administration of the NDI office under the supervision of the Resident Director and in collaboration with NDI Headquarters staff, by performing the duties listed below.
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
|Finance Duties: Responsible for quality and timely accounting for NDI Turkey e.g. cash procedures, bank accounts, receipts and supporting documents, electronic data entry, consolidation of overall organizational accounting, monthly closing process and documents, ensuring strict respect of deadlines and strict compliance to NDI guidelines, financial standards and procedures.
- Ensures maintenance of finance systems and implementation of all procedures and control mechanisms in accordance with Turkish and donor regulations
- Assemble and reconcile monthly field office financial reports, ensuring financial compliance with donor guidelines, NDI policies and procedures, and accurate allocation of program costs.
- Lead on the managing and building/maintaining accountability systems for NDI Turkey & partners including the running of existing mechanisms and set up and implementation of new areas
- Assist in the preparation of annual and donor budgets in coordination with the program and other related departments
- Conduct regular effective risk analysis (i.e. variance analysis, trends) and reviews for the office, ensuring proper financial and operational controls are in place such as monitor ongoing levels of expenditure on individual program against budget, and provide timely advice of potential over or under-spending
- Ensure organizational understanding of variance implications and advise on how to respond to and manage them effectively
- Identify and analyze any discrepancies and suggest solutions
- Create strategies to mitigate financial and operational risk, working closely with Resident Director
- Ensures maintenance of suitable finance systems and implementation of all procedures and control mechanisms
- Prepare monthly wire transfer requests in coordination with relevant program team member
- Communicate with designated staff in DC office to reconcile and correct any concerns re: financial systems, processing, documentation, tracking, or compliance.
- Work with program staff to arrange logistics and vendor contracts for program events, ensuring compliance with NDI procurement policy
- Liaise regularly with NDI subgrantees to ensure high quality and timeliness of financial reports and drawdown requests, provides financial training to their finance staff as needed.
- Develops external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organizations.
- Make timely and accurate filings to the relevant government agencies.
- Maintain working relations with outside accountant firms.
- Prepare, propose, and distribute new policies, rules and guidelines about finance and administrative procedures and implement finance and administrative policies
- Supervise and coordinate overall administrative activities such as maintenance, mailing, procurement of supplies, equipment, preparations of bills
- Manage leases and rent payments for office and housing of expatriate staff
- Ensure compliance with internal, donor, and Government of Turkey regulations
- Develop and implement administrative systems, such as record management
- Maintain the office in superb condition, manage office equipment, and arrange necessary repairs
- Organize office operations and procedures, including updating and maintaining office policies as needed
- Liaise with facility management and vendors, including cleaning, catering and security services
- Use a range of office software, including email, checklists, spreadsheets, and databases, to ensure the efficient running of the office
Human Resource Duties
- Post job openings and assist in the management of recruitment – including collection of CVs, screening applicants, scheduling interviews, and communication with applicants.
- Assist in the accurate and timely completion and tracking of personnel documentation related to hiring (including offer letters and contracts) and separation.
- Assist with work permit applications and oversee government authorization process for national and expatriate staff. Track expiration of work permits and ensure timely application for extensions.
- Provide HR orientation for all new employees – including explanation of HR policies.
- Prepare and maintain employee files (personnel and benefits data), ensuring timeliness, accuracy, completeness, compliance and confidentiality.
- Ensure that timesheets, leave requests, and performance appraisal forms are prepared on time. Coordinate payroll with the NDI DC finance team.
- Track social security and other taxes per Turkish law, ensure accurate and timely payment, and liaise with the Turkish government as necessary.
- Assist the Resident Director in updating the HR handbook – per Turkish labor law, NDI policy, and donor regulations – and inform staff members about any changes to HR policies.
- Prepare consultant contracts and follow up contract expiry dates and ensure timely payment of consultant fees.
- Support maintenance of staff development and/or staff course requests, in coordination with the Resident Director.
Other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Resident Director.
|REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High level of interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of staff, Turkish and foreign government personnel, civic and political actors, local vendors, and the general public
- High level of oral and written communication skills to effectively present information, respond to questions and prepare reports in a professional manner
- High level of writing skills to create clear and concise written documents
- Fluent in both Turkish and English
- Ability and willingness to take initiative
- Excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability to apply discretion and maintain confidential information
- High level of proficiency with spreadsheet software including Excel and Google Sheets; Quicken experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs
- Working knowledge of Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Drive
- Minimum five years’ relevant finance and administration experience