Basmeh & Zeitooneh is a registered Syrian Civil Society Organization in Turkey, works in Development and Relief domain where it has established an office in Gaziantep in 2014 and was officially registered in 2015.
Basmeh & Zeitooneh was launched in Lebanon September 2012 by a group of volunteers with field visits to areas with high concentrations of the most marginalized and neediest Syrian refugees, the main goal of their visits was to assess the needs and to fill the gaps left by other aid agencies. The organization was officially registered as an NGO in Lebanon in 2014.
The Country Director is responsible for the overall management and development of Basmeh & Zeitooneh’s “B&Z” country program in Turkey.
Duration: 1 year
Reports to: Head of Operations
Role and Responsibilities
● Proactively develop Basmeh & Zeitooneh’s country strategy in Turkey in cooperation with Senior Management.
● Implement, manages and leads the implementation of Turkey’s country strategy.
● Represents Basmeh & Zeitooneh in meetings and conferences with donors, INGO’s, NGO’s, local partners and governmental authorities.
● Responsible for overseeing the management of human resources in Turkey.
● Liaises with Senior Management and Field Staff, and ensures the availability of the resources, skills, and tools to ensure the achievement of all program objectives and the organization’s mission.
● Ensures the financial feasibility of all Turkey’s programs; ensures all programs are within budget and that funds are managed in a highly transparent manner.
● Collaborates with the Development and Finance departments to produce Basmeh & Zeitooneh’s annual financial and narrative reports detailing the organization’s activities in Turkey.
● Ensures the proper handover of new programs/projects from the development department to the country’s operational staff.
● Supervises Turkey staff in implementing projects and all technical and operational aspects of the projects.
● Organizes and accompanies partners and potential donors in field visits that promote Basmeh & Zeitooneh’s work in Turkey.
● Provides regular updates to Basmeh & Zeitooneh’s CEO and Head of Operations regarding operational developments in Turkey.
● Initiate relationships with donors interested in funding projects in Turkey in coordination with the Senior Management.
● Provide program reports and regular situation reports that are timely, meet information requirements and professionally written as needed by B&Z and as required by donors
● Evaluate and monitor all country programs to determine the extent to which they are meeting goals and determine action needed to improve achievements
● Ensure all programs are completed within time, on budget and achieve its objectives
● Keep regular communication with donors regarding the operational updates of the ongoing projects.
● Ensure the continued safety of all personnel and establish and implement emergency security evacuation plans as appropriate.
● Ensure security guidelines are up to date and fully implemented.
● Regularly report to Senior Management regarding safety and security.
● A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, International Relations, International Development, Economics or any other related discipline
● Minimum of 4 years of experience in management within the nonprofit sector.
● Thorough understanding of humanitarian issues, strategies and of non-governmental organizations.
Please apply in English by sending an up to date CV and a cover letter to [email protected]before 27/08/17.
You are kindly requested to include your name and “CD.TR” as a job code in the email title.
For an application to be considered, a valid residency permit “both sides” should be submitted along with the CV and the cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.