Years of experience: 0-3 years
Shafak was officially established in 10-10-2013 (registration no. 27-016-129). It was founded during the early months of the Syrian Crisis in 2011. At its core, Shafak is a grassroots NGO that was formed by Syrians for Syrians, with the intent of addressing the needs of their life with dignity, equality and humanity with a focus on sustainability and autonomy.
Shafak is an impartial, independent, non-profit NGO that exists for the express purpose of providing humanitarian services to vulnerable people regardless of political or religious affiliations and on the long run to contribute to recover and rebuilding the society on freedom, justice and equality basis.
The Media assistant will ensure that Shafak’s mission, vision, values, and activities are well known and appreciated by the public and main stakeholders. S/he is responsible for planning, implementing and measuring Shafak’s visibility, and campaigns on social media. S/he will coordinate with all of the departments and programs of Shafak at both strategic and operational levels to build up Shafak’s reputation and brand identity on social media. The Media Officer will work directly with the Media & communication manager to ensure harmonious implementation of all campaigns off-line and online.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Media & communication Manager/operation Sr. Manager
Supervision responsibility: N/A
Budget responsibility: Role holder has no direct budget to manage but has authority to manage related media budget lines such as (Media equipment, media activity), as well as proactively pursue media opportunities.
· Reproducing and framing photographs as per the specified guidelines for projects and donor requirements as communicated by the programs team leads.
· Receive video copies of projects activities in a timely manner and according to pre-agreed deadlines and specifications with full coordination with Media Sr. officer.
· Helping in preparing media annual report.
· Supervise and Train the media officer in the field (the camera men) on technical media work and how to communicate with beneficiaries, partners and others in the local community.
· Answer all inquiries generated by audiences (followers, etc.) on social media outlets.
· Assist in measuring of the impact and value of all media and social media campaigns and activities and provide adequate recommendations.
· Assist in preparing info graphs to publish it on social media outlets.
· Assist in promote Shafak’s related messaging and campaigns through the full range of available media channels.
· Assist in develop relations and partnerships with local, regional and international media agencies (press, TV, etc.)
· Assist in promoting and disseminating quality information on Shafak’s produced resources and services on a regular basis and as needed.
· Assist, whenever needed, in the coordination and the management of Shafak’s publication activities such as content management, norms for publishing, design, etc.
· QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
· Bachelors or degree in Business administration or related field.
· Proven working experience in a procurement management role for three years at least, and Experience working with INGOs.
· Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management.
· Ability to gather and analyses data and to work with figures.
· Experience of Market Assessment.
· Excellent in dealing with US AID regulations.
· Excellent in dealing with EU awards regulations.
· Excellent in Suppliers listing and Analyzing.
· Solid judgement with ability to make good decisions.
· Strong leadership capabilities.
· Active Turkish residence.
· Good experience in designing surveys and assessment.
· Fluent in English (writing, reading and speaking).
· can deal with Turkish suppliers (reading and speaking).
· Excellent in dealing with computer specially Microsoft office.
Additional job responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
All Applicants MUST have a residence permit or work permit in Turkey, or temporary protection card (Kimlik) issued from Gaziantep for the Syrians Applicants.
Submit the CV with a cover letter in single document to
by 27-July- 2017 5.30 PM (Turkish local time). Indicate the Job Code and Position applied for on the subject line. Note that any application without the Job Code may not be processed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.