Years of experience: 5-10 years
The Media Manager is responsible to lead a high-profile media outreach for SEMA as organization and its activities; and help SEMA’s proactively engage and partner with media to communicate narrative and stories of development and progress. Working closely with a filed team and staff in Turkey, the Media Manager will ensure that SEMA’s messaging and outreach is done in the most respectful and impactful way, through the use of appropriate and cutting edge traditional and social media avenues.
- Accountable for the delivery of media enquiries, delivery of coverage and reports in coordination with Programs team.
- Responsible for all media documentation of SEMA activities; including core activities, project activities, and events participations.
- Lead on media activity, planning and implementing proactive and reactive media strategies and localizing elements as required.
- Supervise and manage team of media filed staff. Provide task and orientation to ensure delivery of proper contents including photos and videos.
- Pitch highly impactful and high level reports to print, broadcast and online media.
- Take full responsibility and accountability for drafting media materials, including releases, statements, and documentaries ensuring accuracy, appropriate placement and timings.
- Produce and edit articles and press releases for publication.
- Advise and select the best use of media and overall communications channels as required for the successful execution of media plan. May include; regularly analyze media coverage of development issues and identify trends and opportunities for SMEA to engage.
- Identify media opportunities and coordinate all requests for media products.
- Ensure key messages are accurately and consistently expressed in relevant media.
- Supervise and manage the production of web content on SMEA’s site and on others as well.
- Supervise and manage the presence of SEMA online including SEMA’s social media and other as well.
Planning and Organizing
- Formulate and implement media coverage plan, including: products (such as, but not limited to, annual report), events, project coverage, promotional activity, management of media outlets, …etc.
- Formulate and implement media activity across the projects and across media in order to raise awareness, drive more partnerships, and enhance reputation.
- Ensure that all media communications activity (i.e. press, TV, website, online/social media activity) is integrated with SMEA strategic vision and as prioritized by other departments.
- Lead SEMA branding strategy, planning, and implementation.
- Lead the development of Media policies, guidelines, SOPs, and best practice manual.
- Create a reliable accessible archive of media sources files, and final products, include work files, to enable further development in future.
- Develop and maintain media coverage budgets, timelines, deliverables, and contracts; in coordination with Programs, Finance, and other stakeholders in SEMA.
Management of Vendor Services
- Liaise with the Procurement team to handle and follow up Media Tenders, Requests and queries.
- Provide procurement assistance including, but not limited to, researching solutions, engaging with potential vendors, making recommendations for product/services purchases and evaluating bids.
- Oversee freelancers and other creative consultants.
- Train new and current employees on media technologies, including techniques, software, and hardware.
- Create material and presentations for trainings and reports. Assess user capacity and suggest trainings and areas in need of improvement.
- Update and maintain Media team policies and procedures.
- Oversee internal and external day-to-day media activities.
- Manage media staff by recruiting, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance. Any other duties assigned by line manager when required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- A university degree in a relevant field, such as marketing/communications, journalism or graphic.
- At least 5 years of experience in communications, media or advocacy.
- Track record in delivering effective media/communications/advocacy strategies in support of campaigns and advocacy programmes.
- Well understanding for media markets of Syrian context, and thorough understanding of requirements of different kinds of media i.e. print, TV, and online
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving, and ethical management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and oversee multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Very good analytical skills with attention to details.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Fluent English essential.
- Please insert the personal information in the application https://goo.gl/Djd9p9 and send your CV with cover letter to the attention of the HR Department in Syrian Expatriate Medical Association (SEMA) to this E-Mail: [email protected] with the job code Med M -GS-3 in the subject line
- Please Note that any CV sent with no Job Code in the subject line will not be submitted in the HR Serve