Job Title: Administrative Associate
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Regional Director, UNDCO, Istanbul or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Administrative Associate will:
- Assist in the overall functioning of the UNDCO Regional Desk.
- Provide substantive and administrative support in managing priorities and work flow of the Regional Director UNDCO; coordinate and monitor multiple and diverse activities to ensure that management directives and decisions are properly carried out and products delivered in a timely manner.
- Manage financial resources; provide reporting on use of funds, and track progress on workplan.
- Manage operational support activities (procurement, travel, leave management) for the Regional Desk.
- Organize procurement of consultants, and contract and vendor management.
- Maintain expert roster management and the identification of consultants to support the region/countries, in collaboration with UNDCO Headquarters.
- Oversee preparations of annual results and financial reporting and draft minutes of regional meetings.
- Provide logistical support for training, meetings, and events, and administrative support and correspondence management.
- Support the identification of expertise for the provision of regional support to United Nations Country Teams (UNCTs).
- Manage scheduling on behalf of the Regional Director.
- Screen and prioritize incoming correspondence; compile relevant background documents and references; identify issues requiring the Regional Director ‘s attention and refer others to relevant officers for appropriate disposition; monitor and follow-up on actions to be taken.
- Independently handle a wide range of complex information requests; and draft responses.
- Organize meetings, etc., handling all necessary arrangements.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area.
- At least 2 years of professional work experience in programme or project support and administration, technical cooperation or other relevant areas.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience organizing and coordinating meetings, conferences and events is required.
- Field experience in development cooperation is desirable.
- Experience in the United Nations system or a comparable international organization is desirable.
- Experience with inter-agency or interorganizational collaboration in the development sector is desirable.
- Experience working in a multicultural team at country, regional and global levels is desirable.
- Experience working with senior officials in the United Nations System or a comparable international organization is desirable.
- Experience with Umoja is desirable.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills.
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development.
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel.
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Sound security awareness.
- Have affinity with or interest in coordination, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Russian(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
Administration and administrative assistance
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams