Period of project: 11/2018 – 11/2020
Duration of assignment: 14 expert-months over 2 years
Duty station: Ankara
Application by: 5 Feb, 2019
Project status: Ongoing project
The overall objective of the program is to foster social and economic cohesion of Syrian
refugees and Turkish host communities by improving their employability and qualifications. This will lead to poverty reduction, reduction of social vulnerability and a contribution to the stabilization of the general situation in the provinces most affected by the Syrian refugee influx.
The specific objective of the program is to increase the access to inclusive quality vocational education and training for Syrians under Temporary Protection (SuTP) and Turkish adolescents (14-17 years) in trades with a high demand on the labour market.
- Equipment for workshops of VET Institutions is procured, installed and adequately used
- Access to education of SuTP students is enabled by providing support packages
(for transportation, educational and training material and lunch).
- Awareness of SuTP and Turkish adolescents about possibilities of VET is improved via communication and information activities included.
-Co-managing the detailed planning, tendering as well as implementation and work supervision, together with the project’s procurement expert and Team Leader
– Provide technical advice regarding the selection of schools to be equipped, based on sensible and transparent eligibility and selection criteria.
– Provide technical advice in the preparation of the procurement plan
– Overall supervision of the definition of the school’s equipment needs and corresponding preparation of equipment lists for the procurement of equipment in the selected vocational schools
– Overall supervision of the development of technical specifications and cost estimates for the procurement of equipment in the selected vocational schools
– Preparation of infrastructure of workshops in vocational schools (electric, floor, heating etc.) and installation of procured goods and user training, quality control
– Providing capacity building measures to the beneficiary (the Project Management Unit PMU) and vocational school staff (e.g. for the preparation of equipment lists), if necessary
– Applying knowledge of environmental and social laws and regulations
Must Have Qualifications:
– a post-graduate degree in technical fields such as construction, mechanical engineering and/or electrical engineering;
– profound expertise in mechanical and/or construction engineering and/or electrical engineering with not less than 10 years’ professional experience in similar internationally funded construction/engineering projects and familiar with requirements of workshop construction, its surroundings and equipment
– experience in working with the educational sector and preparation of infrastructure related to educational institutions;
local (Turkey) working experience;
experience in similar projects in the region;
– good writing and presentation skills, and ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences;
– fluency in both written and spoken English.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to [email protected]
|EU CV Format download|
WB CV Format download