For all living beings…
YUVA was founded in 2010 to provide holistic and sustainable solutions to the environmental problems and social issues such as poverty and education in Turkey as well as in the world.
We work to support the out-ofschool education and development of adults and young people through lifelong learning, to raise their awareness about the environment and to contribute to the elimination of poverty.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participating proactively in the strategic development of Human Development Program of the organization
- Proactive communication & co-ordination with all key actors on theground and close monitoring of activities in a fluid and complex operationalenvironment.
- Working for an integratedcommunity program approach in conjunction together with other program managers
- Developing close collaborationwith Ministries, Governorships, Municipalities, Private Sector and otherrelated key actors.
- Identifying and developing partnerships with organisations in the same field such as universities, other (i)NGOs, UN bodies.
- Representing YUVA at different sector coordination meetings and forums.
- Taking lead role in providing informationon sectorel trends to YUVA Program Director.
- Ensuring YUVA provides quality services that meet Sphere and other international standards.
- Development of the program teamby providing leadership, management, training and capacity building asnecessary
- Documenting and disseminatingbest practice and lessons learned for the current program and for future use
- Maintaining an effectiveplanning, monitoring and evaluation system for the Projects under his/herresponsibility
- Supervising a team including Project Coordinators and Officers
- Submitting monthly program reports to Program Director.
- Preparing and managing budgets.
- Working closely with other YUVA departments (such as Grants Management, Admin/Finance, Logistics, Procurementand, Human Resources) to ensure the timely implementation of the current Projectsand develop new ones.
- University degree
- A minimum of 8 years working experiencein project management
- A minimum of 2 years experiencein developing and implementing humandevelopment activities.
- Ability to live and function at a high capacity within a collaborative organizational structure.
- Being able to understand the political and cultural context in Turkey.
- Experience in strategy development.
- Experience in managingextensive team.
- Experience in budget and expense management
- Being able to travelextensively
- Being a strong team member andteam manager
- Communication skills – interpersonal,presentation and written
- Intercultural skills
- Perfect Turkish
- Fluent English in reading, writing and speaking
- Ability to travel
- Driving license (And ability todrive)
- Computer skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic andlikeable;
- Ad herence to YUVA’s values (http://yuva.org.tr/textpage.php?id=3&dbName=bizkimiz&lang=EN)
Interested persons should send their application consisting of the following (all in English) to [email protected] no later than 31st January 2019
- Cover letter outlining qualifications and experience relevant to the proposed task,
- Updated CV (without photo)
- Contact information of 3 references