Title: Project on Climate Change Adaptation for the Sea and Coasts of Antalya
Capacity Building in the Field of Climate Change in Turkey Grant Scheme (CCGS) Contracting Authority: Central Finance and Contracts Unit
Project Partners: The Antalya Greater Municipality is project leader and TUDAV is project partner.
Project Duration: September 2017 – September 2019
Deadline for Application: 18 August, 2017
Application Address: [email protected]
Please specify project title when applying.
The latest assessment by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) shows that the Mediterranean region will be strongly affected by climate change over the course of this century. The oceanographic and physical aspects of climate change in the Mediterranean have been described in many reports and scientific studies, although uncertainty remains about the degree of physical and chemical change expected as a region and in specific sub-regions. Thus socio-economic implications are yet to be assessed as well. Turkey has a large coastal area along the Mediterranean Sea and Antalya is the largest area in the country along the coast contributing significantly to the national economy. This project will specifically focus on the impacts of climate change to the marine environment and its coast, thereby consequences to the economy, to cultural heritage and biodiversity. The project is planned as a pilot study for the Antalya region and needs to be replicated in all vulnerable coastal regions of the country, especially all along the Mediterranean and Aegean
- Support to managing the TUDAV team contributing to this project.
- Ensuring the visibility of the project, both in Turkey and in international platforms.
- Preparing conference and meeting presentations and reports
- Organizing meetings and other activities
- Writing up to date reports on issues of relevance to the project
- Conducting research activities for the preparation of activities
- Preparing and drafting project reports, in English and Turkish
- All administrative work with regards to project preparation, implementation and follow-up
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience, preferably 5.
- Knowledge of climate change and marine issues is an asset.
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication skills. Must be a good listener and a strong negotiator.
- Very good knowledge of social media is of extreme importance.
- Strong computer skills
- The candidate must not have any travel restrictions.
- Candidates with good knowledge of English are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Basic knowledge and interest on environmental issues, marine protection and climate change will be an asset.
University degree from communications, public relations, marketing, business, environmental studies will be given preference.