WWF-Turkey is seeking for a Communications and PR Officer. The candidate will be working in Marketing and Communications department, direct reporting to Communications and PR Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes communication action plans for specific projects and ensure that they are consistent within the brand’s communication strategy.
- Responsible of producing communication materials such as press releases, publications etc. for conservation projects and realize all required communication activities of assigned projects by working closely with the Conservation Team.
- Responsible of producing communication materials such as newsletters and other contents and organize activities for the fundrasing teams.
- Works with colleagues across the WWF Network and establishes joint collaboration with other WWF teams to achieve common objectives.
- Excellent editorial / creative writing capacity for the content of specific communication materials: project publications, speeches, articles, news, interviews and presentations.
- Assists and maintains long-term relationships with media representatives: releases specific project information to journalists, organizes regular formal and informal meetings with press, including media trips.
- Supports the organizational needs of various events and participate if required: Conferences, stakeholders meetings, panels, workshops, field trips etc.
- Works in close collaboration with third partners and service providers such as PR agencies, graphic designers, publishing houses etc.
- Ensures daily media monitoring for WWF-Turkey and prepares daily brief for the staff.
- Updates relevant information on WWF-Turkey’s website and provide information for social media channels when required.
- Working closely with the Communications Manager for key national messaging and required activities for conservation projects.
- Degree in Communications, media or related subject.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Ability to write content for various channels for visual and printed media, plus writing case studies, feature stories etc.
- Excellent written and spoken both Turkish and English – other language is an advantage.
- Deep interest and preferably experience in conservation and environmental issues.
- Proactive and self motivated, with the ability to identify communication opportunities and take initiative to plan campaign activities.
- Ability to deliver multiple simultaneous projects within tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of working with a design software will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of basic editing software to develop video projects is a plus.
- Reports to Communications and PR Manager.
- Works closely with Conservation and Fundraising Teams.
- Supervises interns.
The successful candidate will be offered a contract starting on August 15th, 2017.
S/he will be based in Istanbul
S/he should be able to travel within Turkey and abroad.
Late applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
If you identify yourself with our goals and consider yourself a promising candidate for this position, please, send your CV and motivation letter until July 15th, 2017 to ik(at)wwf.org.tr