Hayata Destek Derneği, İstanbul Merkez Ofisi’nde Çocuk Koruma Uzmanı olarak görev alacak çalışma arkadaşı aramaktadır. Beklenen tecrübe ve yetkinlikler aşağıdaki gibidir.
İlana son başvuru tarihi 16 Aralık 2018’dir
Hayata Destek Derneği hakkında detaylı bilgiye www.hayatadestek.org adresinden ulaşabilirsiniz.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT Child Protection Expert
Support to Life (STL) is an independent humanitarian agency working in the field of disaster risk reduction, disaster preparedness, and emergency response in Turkey and the surrounding region. With an emphasis on community participation, STL works at a grassroots level to build local capacity, mitigate the risks and impact of disasters, and support those in need in meeting their basic needs and rights.
In line with its mandate STL currently has the following main activities:
- Refugee Support: The goal of STL’s work in the area of refugee support is to help Syrian refugees in theregion who are either unable or unwilling to settle in refugee camps meet their basic needs and rights. STL is providing direct support through psychosocial services in its Community Centres, and enables access to services with its Case Management teams.
- Child Protection: STL has been working with at-risk children, sensitizing farmers and raising awareness among the public in an effort to contribute to eliminating child labour in Turkey, especially in the context of seasonal migratory agricultural work. As the inflow of Syrian refugees aggravated child labour in Turkey and child work became a prevalent negative coping strategy, STL extended its child protection activities to include refugee families.
- Emergency Response: In disaster situations, STL provides relief aid to disaster-struck communities through in-kind and cash-based support for food and non-food items, winterisation aid, as well as improving the conditions of shelter and addressing water, sanitation and hygiene needs.
- Strengthening Civil Society and Networking: STL brings together key civil society actors with the aim of creating the local capacity needed for effective disaster management in Turkey. In order to create positive change, STL publishes and disseminates reports, engages in capacity building activities through trainings, working group meetings and exposure visits. STL also pursues active coordination and advocacy campaigns with government and civil society actors.Hayata Destek is looking for Child Protection Expert to work in Kadıköy HQ Office.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Providing technical expertise on the design and quality implementation of STL’s Child ProtectionProgram and Strategy development on child protection related issues,
- Conducting desk research of national and international frameworks on Child Protection, and already conducted research on refugees and child labour,
- Developing guidelines, policies and tools related toChild Protection services and activities, in accordance with internationalstandards and national legal frameworks,
- Providing content support for developing STL’s Child Safeguarding Policy and ensure setting up of the internal Child Safeguarding mechanism in STL’s fields,
- Conducting and facilitating trainings for the external Child Safeguarding Trainers Pool established by STL,
- Representing STL externally in Child protection related meetings and coordination events,
- University degree from a relevant field,
- Minimum 5 years successful experience with field work in the field of child protection,
- Previous experience in developing training tools,delivering trainings, coaching and mentoring,
- Ability to perform tasksin sensitivity to the local culture,
- Fluency in English and Turkish (excellent written and spoken),
- Proficiency in common IThardware/software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access),
- Excellent analytical,reporting/communication/note taking and interpersonal skills,
- Good understanding of and engagement with the humanitarian context and the key principles ofaccountability, impartiality, neutrality, independence and cooperation,
- Intercultural understanding, sensitivity and adaptability,
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally,
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and representation skills,
Terms and Conditions
STL is an equal opportunities employer. STL is committed to provide and maintain a comprehensive child protection perspective in all its operational and administrative processes.
Interested candidates may submit the following to [email protected] by 16 December 2018An up-to-date-CV and a letter of motivation explaining why the candidates’ skills/experience aresuited to this position.
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please indicate reference number: in the subject of your e-mail (CPEXHQ1812)
“Under the Security of Personel Information Law that is published on The Official Gazette of Republic of Turkey on 07.04.2016, no 29677;
By applying for this advertisement, you agree that your resume and any personal information in it may be shared with Hayata Destek Derneği”