Innovation for Development (I4D)
The development sector faces particular hurdles that derive from the complexity of global problems. Difficulties in changing the behavior of beneficiaries, the barriers encountered in scaling, failure to respond to change, and the challenge of properly measuring impact are getting more and more inevitable in the development world. Nevertheless, the development sector needs an innovative mindset and, to the same extent, an innovative programming strategy.
Innovation for Development (I4D) was founded to answer the fundamental question: How can we generate innovative ideas and develop better responses to the world’s toughest problems?
At I4D, we specialize in complex and challenging environments. We provide policy-relevant insights and deliver cost-effective, impactful programming by actively engaging beneficiaries, creative industries and development practitioners in support of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Our modus operandi is putting social impact at the heart of our daily operations, determined by our full commitment to tackling the world’s biggest problems. Our strength is bringing reputable technical experts to the table to come up with sector-shaping tools and state-of-the-art development solutions framed by social innovation. Our added value is listening to the people we serve. Scale-up planning for groundbreaking interventions with the active involvement of all stakeholders—both affecting and affected parties—is our indispensable commitment to the impact ecosystem.
I4D is recruiting a Communication for Development Officer to raise awareness of I4D projects and their impact, demonstrating innovative models for the development world. I4D seeks an experienced and self-assured specialist to conduct media planning, content coordination and creation through various platforms and mediums toward advocacy efforts surrounding topics such as refugee entrepreneurship, social entrepreneurship, SME-support, and alternative economic models for vulnerable groups.
The Communication for Development Officer is responsible for:
- Developing communications plans and their execution strategies per project
- Innovating ways to increase I4D activities’ visibility
- Coordinate with internal and external support team members to acquire communications assets – photo, video, testimonials, design, etc.
- Gather and curate key content for I4D communication channels (newsletter, website, social media
- Write periodic blogs on the impact of projects, individual success stories, national campaigns and initiatives, etc. to help the organization reach intended changes /consequences
- Increase follower engagement on all social media platforms
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] before December 25, 2020.
- How would your approach enrich the quality of this project implementation?
- How does this position align with your career? What is the career trajectory you are working toward?
*Please also consider that applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis.