- Assist in implementation of the MADAD Project in coordination with IOM project team which will be implemented jointly by IOMILO, including but not limiting to assisting with planning, preparing, organizing, implementing and following up on the activities
- Support resource management of the project(s) via assisting procurement of services, supplies, equipment and of payments; follow up project expenditures in close coordination with the Finance Department,
- Assist in editing of relevant situation/activities donor/project reports, updates, info sheets, publications, press-releases, presentations and other information materials, analysis of statistical information for the purposes of the Program etc. in cooperation with relevant officials at IOM Turkey, project partners and other IOM missions involved
- Maintaining of regular working relations and communication on project issues with entrepreneurship related agencies and institutions, international organizations and NGOs, other project partners;
- Assist with the planning, organisation and logistical arrangement of conferences, seminars, trainings and workshops as relevant
- Fulfil internal procurement, and other administrative formalities in order to provide support to mission activities aimed at providing research, training, institutional and infrastructure capacity development to the Turkish Government institutions with entrepreneurship and migration-related mandates;
- Translate daily correspondences and project related documents, reports if requested by the team members.
- Support drafting of project interim and final reports in a timely manner, as well as other relevant information materials as required for the authorities, donors and IOM.
- Support, including from logistics perspective, organisation of seminars, trainings, press conferences and other events on issues related to entrepreneurship, job creation, migration data and research, migration and development, labour migration, remittances and migration management in Turkey; Support work under the LHD Program, towards contributing to : i) timeliness and quality of specific activity procurement and payments, ii) logistics of events organization (booking of tickets, premises and equipment, work of interpreters, publishing/media companies etc.); iii) recruitment and commissioning of experts, service providers and vendors; iv) monitoring of contracts’ timely and qualitative execution; v) planning and organizing meetings, press-conferences, trainings, round tables, workshops, working groups sessions, information campaigns etc.;
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- On time implementation and reporting of activities assigned under the Job Creation and Entrepreneurship Opportunities for Syrians under Temporary Protection and Host Communities in Turkey
- A final statement of achievements towards volunteerism for development during the assignment, such as reporting on the number of volunteers mobilized, activities participated in and capacities developed.
The development of capacity through coaching, mentoring and formal on-the-job training, when working with (including supervising) national staff or (non-) governmental counter-parts, including Implementing Partners (IPs); • Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective is systematically applied, integrated and documented in all activities throughout the assignment • A final statement of achievements towards volunteerism for peace and development dur-ing the assignment, such as reporting on the number of volunteers mobilized, activities participated in and capacities developed.
- Professionalism: demonstrated understanding of operations relevant to UNDP; technical capabilities or knowledge relevant or transferrable to UNDP procedures and rules; discretion, political sensitivity, diplomacy and tact to deal with clients; ability to apply good judgement; ability to liaise and coordinate with a range of different actors, especially in senior positions; where appropriate, high degree of autonomy, personal initiative and ability to take ownership; resourcefulness and willingness to accept wide responsibilities and ability to work independently under established procedures; ability to manage information objectively, accurately and confidentially; responsive and client-oriented;
- Integrity: demonstrate the values and ethical standards of the UN and UNDP in daily activities and behaviours while acting without consideration of personal gains; resist undue political pressure in decision-making; stand by decisions that are in the organization’s interest even if they are unpopular; take prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour; does not abuse power or authority;
- Teamwork and respect for diversity: ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries; excellent interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and harmonious working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic, mixed-gender environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity; sensitivity and adaptability to culture, gender, religion, nationality and age; commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of UN operations; ability to achieve common goals and provide guidance or training to colleagues;
- Commitment to continuous learning: initiative and willingness to learn new skills and stay abreast of new developments in area of expertise; ability to adapt to changes in work environment.
- Planning and organizing: effective organizational and problem-solving skills and ability to manage a large volume of work in an efficient and timely manner; ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor (own) work; ability to work under pressure, with conflicting deadlines, and to handle multiple concurrent projects/activities;
- Communication: proven interpersonal skills; good spoken and written communication skills, including ability to prepare clear and concise reports; ability to conduct presentations, articulate options and positions concisely; ability to make and defend recommendations; ability to communicate and empathize with staff (including national staff), military personnel, volunteers, counterparts and local interlocutors coming from very diverse backgrounds; capacity to transfer information and knowledge to a wide range of different target groups;
- Flexibility: adaptability and ability to live and work in potentially hazardous and remote conditions, involving physical hardship and little comfort; to operate independently in austere environments for protracted periods; willingness to travel within the area of operations and to transfer to other duty stations within the area of operations as necessary;
- Genuine commitment towards the principles of voluntary engagement, which includes solidarity, compassion, reciprocity and self-reliance; and commitment towards UNDP’s mission and vision, as well as to the UN Core Values.
Required Skills and Experience
University degree, preferably in Labour Economics and Industrial Relations, Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations; Training in project management and development will be an advantage;
English (Mandatory): Fluent and Turkish (Mandatory) – Native/Fluent
Area of Expertise
Development programme/project administration MandatoryFor more information and apply