YUVA (www.yuva.org.tr) is a non-governmental organization running various projects on adult education and lifelong learning in Turkey. The organization was founded in 2010 and takes measures for sustainable life styles, poverty reduction and democratization through adult learning and promotes participatory teaching methods. YUVA currently has two main Programs called Earth Citizenship and Human Development.
The Grants Coordinator is a position reporting to the Finance and Grants Manager. S/he will be based in Istanbul.
|Field of work:||Grants and Budget Management|
|Main responsibility:||Developing proposals and budgets, managing grants and reporting to donors|
|Start date:||As soon as possible|
|Duties and Responsibilities|
Position Summary: The Grants Coordinator acts as the facilitator for grants management processes and ensures compliance with donor requirements at pre and post-award processes. His/her responsibilities are coordinating proposal development processes, supporting program and finance units for timely and quality reporting, facilitating grant opening and closeout processes, informing the program and support teams on donor rules and regulations, maintaining grants related information and files. Reporting to the Finance and Grants Manager, the Grants Coordinator will serve as the focal point for grants management.
- Search grants opportunities and identify funding resources for in accordance with YUVA strategic planning
- Coordinate proposal preparation processes of designing, writing, editing new proposals in coordination with the program managers and program director.
- Coordinate budget development of project budgets with Finance and Program Departments
- Organize and coordinate grant opening, follow up and closing meetings, disseminating grants/proposal documents, and responding to information requests from the field and from other partners.
- Ensure that all YUVA grants are implemented in compliance with the relevant donor regulations and that all grant related information is fully available to senior management.
- Compile and edit narrative and finance donor reports and liaise with the Finance and Program Department to ensure that both narrative and finance reports are accurately submitted and on time.
- Review and file grants contract, update regularly grants database and develop grants & reports tracker to share with Senior Management
- Ensure that spending and activity plans are created by coordinators and managers
- Work with finance to develop and review budgets, and where necessary develop budget realignments.
- Assist program, finance and operations teams with preparations for audits.
- Follow up capacity assessment process with partners and coordinate for sub-grantees
- Organize grants meetings with national and international donors, including corporations and governmental and non-governmental organizations.
- Write or review donor communications such as responding to requests for information and assist with donor visits.
- Assist with program monitoring and evaluation and compiling achievements and lessons learnt.
- Take and compile minutes of senior management meetings and all grant related meetings. Distribute and archive accordingly.
- Conduct trainings for field staff as needed on grants management and compliance, reporting, filing, monitoring, evaluation and program cycle management.
- Perform other duties as required by the Finance & Grants Manager.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. university degree or equivalent) from an accredited institution in a relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a business development role, preferably with an NGO
|Skills and Competences|
- Strong proposal writing and budgeting skills,
- Perfect Turkish;
- Fluency in English;
- IT proficiency;
- Ability to prioritize high volumes of work to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to travel;
- Team membership;
- Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written;
- Adherence to YUVA’s values (http://www.yuva.org.tr/en/degerlerimiz/).
Interested persons should send their application consisting of the following (all in English):
- Cover letter outlining qualifications and experience relevant to the proposed task,
- Updated CV
- Contact information of 3 references
The application and requests for any additional information/ clarifications/ documents should be submitted by February 2th, 2018 to ([email protected]). Please indicate in the subject line of your mail and in your cover letter the vacancy title as “Grants Coordinator”. Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for follow up. If you have not been contacted six (6) weeks after closing, consider your application unsuccessful.
YUVA is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from candidates regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or religion.
Başvuru için [email protected]